Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
Dr. Norbert Steinfeld
Leibniz Institute for Catalysis
Heterogeneous Photocatalysis and Micro Reaction Engineering
Webpage: click here
Selected publications (max. three)
- H. Alex, P. Loos, T. Baramov, J. Barry, T. Godiawala, J. Hassfeld, N. Steinfeldt, Polymer encapsulated Co metal based catalysts (Co EnCatTM) for selective continuous hydrogenation of 1-iodo-4-nitrobenzene, ChemCatChem 2017, DOI: 10.1002/cctc.201700391.
- Elka Kraleva, Marga-Martina Pohl, Astrid Jürgensen, Heike Ehrich Hydrogen production by bioethanol partial oxidation over Ni based catalysts. Appl. Catal. B: Environ. 2015, 179, 509-520.
- Baraa Siyo, Matthias Schneider, Jörg Radnik, Marga-Martina Pohl, Peter Langer, Norbert Steinfeldt Influence of support on the aerobic oxidation of HMF into FDCA over preformed Pd nanoparticle based materials Appl. Catal. A: General 2014, 478, 107–116.
Main current Research interests
- Development of catalytic continuous flow liquid phase or liquid/gas processes (e.g. hydrogenation, oxidation, ozonation) 
- Hydrogen generation from renewables (e.g. bioethanol, acetic acid) by catalytic steam reforming or partial oxidation 
- Degradation of organic pollutants by using photo-catalysis and/or ozonation
- CO2 hydrogenation by heterogeneous catalysts
- Synthesis of mesostructured materials (TiO2)
- Nanoparticle synthesis, characterization and size Separation