Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
Dr. Robert Francke
Rostock University, Institute of Chemistry,
Industrial Chemistry Division
Webpage: click here
Selected publications (max. three)
- A. Rosas-Hernández, H. Junge, M. Beller, M. Roemelt, R. Francke Cyclopentadienone iron complexes as efficient and selective catalysts for the electroreduction of CO2 to CO Catal. Sci. Technol. 2017, advance article. DOI: 10.1039/C6CY02352E.
- T. Broese, R. Francke, Electrosynthesis Using a Recyclable Mediator-Electrolyte System Based on Ionically Tagged Phenyl Iodide and 1,1,1,3,3,3-Hexafluoroisopropanol Org. Lett. 2016, 18, 5896.
- R. Francke, R. D. Little Optimizing Electron Transfer Mediators Based on Arylimidazoles by Ring Fusion: Synthesis, Electrochemistry and Computational Analysis of 2-Aryl-1-methyl[9,10-d]phenanthroimidazoles J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2014, 136, 427.
Main current Research interests
- Development of new redox catalysts for indirect electrosynthesis
- New strategies for separation and recycling of supporting electrolytes and mediators
- Paired electrosynthesis
- Electroreduction of carbon dioxide for generation of fuels and value-added products
- Chemistry and electrochemistry of hypervalent iodine compounds
- Phenanthroimidazoles and their radical cations