Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Tien Thao
VNU - Hanoi University of Science
Faculty of Chemistry
Main current Research interests:
- Nanomaterials design and synthesis; heterogeneous catalysis (supported organometallics, zeolites, oxides, nanoporous materials, etc.)
- Homogeneous (soluble organometallics and coordination compounds) catalysis
- Interface of homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysis; characterization of novel functional solid materials
- Conversion of syngas, Fischer-Tropsch synthesis, reforming of CO2 and related gas –solid reaction topics
- Synthesis of materials for CO2 adsorption and treatment
- Synthesis of materials treated oil spill dispersants
- Catalysis in green chemistry (environmental catalysis)
Selected publications (max. three):
- Nguyen Tien Thao, Doan Thi Huong Ly, Han Thi Phuong Nga, Dinh Minh Hoan, Oxidative removal of rhodamine B over Ti-doped layered zinc hydroxide catalysts, J. Environm. Chem. Eng. 2016, 4, 4012–4020.
- Nguyen Tien Thao, Le Thanh Son, Production of Cobalt -Copper from Partial Reduction of La(Co,Cu)O3 perovskites for CO hydrogenation, J. Sci. Adv. Mat. Dev., 2016, 1, 337-342.
- Nguyen Tien Thao, Nguyen Duc Trung, Dang Van Long, Activity of molybdate-intercalated layered double hydroxides in the oxidation of styrene with air, Catal. Lett. 2016, 146, 918-928.